Saturday, May 9, 2009

Week 1




Shalom! So i'm still getting used to this blog thing but I just wanted to update everyone on my trip and what I've been up to the last week and a half. After a full day of flying we finally made it to Israel. I live in one of the most beautiful places in the whole world. The building is so big and open and looks out over the Old City of Jerusalem. It really doesn't get much better than that. I have really just gone out and explored the Old City this week. It's a lot of fun to explore all the different shops and markets that they have here. I have gone to the Church of the Holy Seplecure and the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer. I went to a service at the Lutheran Church that was really good. I love learning about all the different religions and cultures here. There are seriously people from all over the world and it is so fun to talk to them. I love the Old City and the beautiful people that are there...even though it is dirty and smells funny sometimes I love walking around and taking in everything. Last Shabbot (Saturday) I had the opportunity to go to the Garden of Gethsemene. It was not what I was really expecting but nonetheless there is still a special spirit. Even though it may not be the exact spot it was good to be able to sit there and contemplate the atonement and think about the Savior. Being in this beautiful and historical city is such a great blessing. Jerusalem is truly a special place :)

1 comment:

  1. Ra-Shelly...These are great experiences, we love reading them! We Miss You!

    ReplyDelete