Friday, May 15, 2009

Garden Tomb







So....I've been slacking on this whole blog thing the past few days. Just a quick update. Last Shabbot we had the opportunity to go to the Garden Tomb. It was a beautiful and peaceful place in comparision to the hustle and bustle and craziness of East Jerusalem. As soon as I walked in the gates I felt a sense of relief and profound peace. The gardens are beautiful and well kept and it is similar to what I picture the Garden Tomb looking like. It is a very speical place. I got to walk into the tomb where some believe Christ was laid after his crucifixion and death. On the door is a sign that says "He is not here for He is Risen". It was an amazing place to sit and meditate and reflect on the atonement and resurrection of the Savior. It was a very neat experience. We sang a few hymns about the resurrection and Jesus Christ. I really loved it there and hope to be able to go back many more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment