Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I hear Jerusalem bells a ringin'!




So...we had a free day in the city on Sunday. A group of us woke up early and went to a bunch of different masses at the Church of the Holy Seplechure. We got to go to a Coptic mass, a traditional Latin mass, a Greek Orthodox mass, and an Ethiopian mass. I absolutley loved going to all the different services. It was a great experience to see all these different manifestation of faith from all sorts of different sects. Bethany and I took a picture outside of the Church. Then after the Church of the Holy Seplechure we went to the YMCA in West Jerusalem. We got to ring the bells for the whole city to hear! It was sooo sooo fun! I played "Come Follow Me" with Hannah. It brought a whole new meaning to "I hear Jerusalem bells a ringin'!" (cheesy I know) but nevertheless it was a blast! The picture is of me and Brother Whipple in front of the bell keyboard. After we rang the bells we wandered over to the Jewish Quarter and looked around a little bit. It was a very exhuasting but awesome day :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a cool experience to ring the bells of Jerusalem

    ReplyDelete