Monday, November 9, 2009

Last of Jerusalem




On our last day in Jerusalem a group of us went to the Garden Tomb to spend our last day in one of our favorite places in Jerusaelm. We also visited the Dome of the Rock for the last time....






Leaving Jerusalem I had mixed feelings. I was so excited to see my familiy and friends again but I knew I would miss Jerusalem. The experiences I had this summer are ones that will stay with me throughout my life. I made lifelong friends and learned so many things. I learned so much about Israel and Palestine and the conflict there. I developed a deep love for the Jews and the Palestinians and I miss them so much more than I thought I would. Most importantly I developed an even stronger relationship with Jesus Christ and God. It was such a tremendous opportunity to study and learn in one of the oldest cities in the world. There is so much history to be found there but I found so much more than cool artifacts in Jerusalem. I truly found myself and gained the peace I have been longing for in my life. I know my life is on the right track and I am doing what the Lord wants me to be doing at this point in my life. I also gained a strong testimony of my Savior and the truths of the gospel I have grown up with. I went to Jerusalem hoping I would gain a deeper relationship with my Savior, little did I know He would become my very best friend. Jerusalem taught me so much, many of the lessons were unexpected but I know that, like the blind man Christ healed, I have had my eyes opened and I can never deny the light that I have truly seen. I have a whole new perspective on life and pray I will never forget the lessons I learned in the Holy City of Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment