Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bethlehem!





I finally have some time to catch up a little bit on my blogging...so we went to Bethlehem a while ago. It was a really speical experience to be able to go to the Church of the Nativity, to remember and commemorate the birth of the Savior in the city where He was born. Bethlehem is now in the West Bank so you have to go through a checkpoint, I was struck by the graffiti on the Bethlehem side of the Seperation Wall, there was a lot of art work crying out for the breaking down of the wall and peace. I think that this is the message the Savior brought at His birth, one of peace and joy. And of course, we ate at this amazing resturant under a great big tent. They had wonderful pita and hummice...oh how I am going to miss that pita and hummice when I come back to the States. But anyway, I really enjoyed going and visiting Bethlehem :)

No comments:

Post a Comment